Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coca-Cola's Crappy Customer Care

Coca-Cola has got very bad to non existent customer care. I am not impressed with them at all. Last week Tuesday I bought a 2ℓ Coke from our local Spar and poured some for each of us. As I got to the very last sip of mine there was a beetle in it. Which I almost swallowed! I was disgusted and almost threw up. Now I know you may all be thinking that the bug could have fallen into my glass without me seeing it, but I doubt it. I took the glass out of the dishwasher and usually (from my experience) when a bug or insect falls into your drink it floats on the top – it doesn't sink…

So, I called up Coca-Cola on their Customer Care line and told them what had happened. I was told to keep the suspect bottle and they would send someone out to see me. That was last week Wednesday. I have not heard a single thing from them since then, so I called again today. The lady on the other end of the line simply said she would have to log the complaint again as she did do it last week too. And I must please keep the bottle.

What they will do with the bottle I don't know. It is half empty (no, not half full) and I certainly didn't keep the beetle. I was so grossed out when it happened that the last thing I though of was bagging it to keep as evidence.

Let's hope I will hear from them before this week is up. I am not overly hopeful, but I will wait and see what happens.

Should I be surprised though? This is South Africa after all – not the best country to expect good Customer Service now is it?

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

south africa's customer service is shocking! people are constantly complaining that they don't get business- but they don't try hard enough to look after the business they have!