Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mommy Meme


Ok, so I haven’t been tagged – but Angel from Angel's Mind did this one and I enjoyed it so much I decided it was one I really wanted to do too.

I am a step mom and I have my own son too – so I am going to do this one on Donny – because he’s the only one I gave birth to. The other two boys will probably feature somewhere too, after all I have been their mom for almost 11 years now…

1. How long have you been a Mom?

In January it will be 9 years. But I have been a step mom to two boys for close to 11 years.

2. How many children call you Mommy?

Three!

3. Girl, boy, or both?

All boys.

4. Did you know what you were having?

Yes, when I was pregnant with Donovan I wanted to know – I’m not good with surprises I know I have to wait for.

5. How old were you when you became a Mom?

I was 25 when I had Donovan, and 22 when I married my instant family.

6. How long were you in labor?

Actually I didn’t even know I was in labour. I had Donovan on the day I had my final check up at my OBGYN. Our car broke down on the way to the doctor and I had to walk to a garage to make a phone call and I suspect that triggered my labour. I was already 2 cm’s dilated when I got to my doctor. Donovan was too long though and his head wasn’t placed nicely in the birth canal. No, it was behind the birth canal so I ended up having a caesarian – and even with that they battled to get him out!! LOL! It was very quick, I was in 16:00 and Donny was born at 16:32.

7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom?

I can’t tell you just one thing; I have cried at all the children’s concerts and sports matches. I feel very privileged to be allowed to raise three amazing boys.

8. What’s your least favorite thing?

Having to deal with disobedience, defiance and testing of boundaries.

9. Do you want more kids?

I would LOVE to have one more – but only if there was a 100% fully guaranteed guarantee that it would be a girl. I would so love to have a little girl.

10. Do you plan on having more soon?

Not soon, but sometimes I think that maybe God does have another child planned for us in our future. And sometimes I think it’s just me… LOL!!!

11. How many times have you been pee’d on?

I don’t really remember – probably a few times!

12. Barfed on?

PLENTY!!!!

13. Is your child named after anyone?

Um, no. I wanted him to have his own identity.

14. How did you come up with their name?

I compiled a list of possibilities and then we picked one together.

15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?

Sometimes it’s me. And sometimes it’s their dad – it depends on who’s around at the time to handle the “trouble”.

16. What is the longest you have been away from your children?

I went to Bloemfontein once for about 6 days. And my two step sons have been away quite often to visit their mom. Usually it’s the kids who go somewhere, not me.

17. Bedtime routine?

We don’t really have one – each night is different.

18. Are your toes painted?

ALWAYS!!!!

19. Last movie you saw in the theater?

I don’t really go to the theater. We like to get movies to watch at home, it’s more family friendly and comfy. You can have whatever you like to eat and you can stretch out and recline or lie down while watching it too.

21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom…

Nothing I can really mention of the top of my head. I love being a mom. And everything we do in life requires some form of sacrifice. And to be a good mom I have made MANY of those.

22. Best Mom perk…

Little letters I find in my bedroom. Unexpected hugs and kisses. And being told I am beautiful when I look my absolute worst!!!

23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child?

I don’t sneak bites, I get given them. Donovan is very generous and shares easily.

24. When the kid is napping, you are…

Napping? That’s not something Donovan EVER did well or much of. He only started to sleep through after 3 years of age and even now his sleep is very restless. He talks and walks in is sleep – frequently!! Napping wasn’t something I got or get much of.

25. Where is your child(ren) now?

They are at school.

26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes?

I like Woolworths, but I think I only bought one item from there. I bought mostly tracksuit pants and pants with a “draw string” in the top.

27. If I could do it over…

I don’t think I would change anything. I would like to be pregnant again, I loved being pregnant. Again? Anytime! In a heartbeat! But now is not the right time…

28. Did it turn out the way you expected?

Did what turn out the way I expected? My children? The birth? No, none of it turned out the way I had planned or expected. But the rest is in God’s hands. He is in control and I know nothing takes him by surprise. My hope is in the Lord and I pray for children’s futures. I pray for their wives, their careers their studies. And I know that we can overcome anything through Christ. As long as He remains in control – nothing can sink us.

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

wonderful answers!