Thursday, October 04, 2007

WHERE HAVE I BEEN...

Well, lets see. I can no longer access any blogs from work anymore. Which is a problem cause that’s where I blog blogged from. I have not been able to visit any blogs, so I have NO idea what you are all up to or how you all are either. I miss it all so very much and feel like a huge part of my life has gone on vacation/missing in action/ceased to exist…

 

Anyhoo. Life has been rather busy besides that. I have had Donovan at doctors to test for AD/HD. He doesn’t have a problem with the school work. His reading and writing and spelling etc is fine. He does, however, have a problem sitting still or keeping quiet. And it is this that is driving his teacher a bit batty. There is not a bad relationship between him and his teacher and he is happy in his family life too. So no emotional problems either. (phew!)

We have not yet decided on a medication to use for him yet, it is after-all a big decision and not one to be taken lightly or made hastily.

We also took him to have his eyes tested and he has Astigmatism. So he will be getting spectacle (much to his delight I might add). He chose a very cute blue frame and is rather miffed that he will have to wait a week to get them. LOL!!!

I think that there will already be a HUGE difference for his teacher once he gets his glasses. Because, I think, once he can see better I think his behavior will improve a little too.

Yesterday I took Mark’s cell phone away from him because he refuses to put a ring tone on it. It is always on silent and so he never hears it when it rings, and as a result you can’t get hold of him. It is maddening to say the least. And when I told him to put a ring tone in he got very defiant and challenging about it so I took it. I haven’t decided yet if I am going to give it back, and he has not yet changed his attitude and until that happens I won’t even consider giving it back.

I am all “Kidded Out”. I am up to my eyeballs with my three boys at this point. Donovan who NEVER stops arguing with me (and drives me to desperation), Mark who is extremely stubborn and defiant, and Sean – well he doesn’t really give me any trouble at all except that he never speaks up when he needs something until the very last minute.

I am on the verge of packing a little bag and getting on the next bus, taxi, plane or train to anywhere!! Preferably a Spa or a hotel where there is Room Service!

PLUS it’s that time of the month too so everything seems 1000 times worse than it really is to me at this point. And I won’t even get started on my husband – that is another million and one posts all on their own. Maybe I should start another blog where I can gripe about him…   mmm, something to think about….

 

Technically this post should be titled “SHE’S GONNA BLOW!!”, but I figured I would start with an explanation of where I have been before launching into my rant. LOL !!!

 

Pray for me, jokes aside I am feeling a little emotional and silly and your prayers will mean so much to me.

 

Miss you all, please don’t forget me. I think of you all everyday!!

 

9 comments:

AngelConradie said...

aaaw, such a pity you can't visit anymore!
love you madly sis...

Soul Reflections said...

I think about you a lot. Take care and keep under control. God is watching to see how you handle it. God bless

Masked Rabbit said...

Hey there honey,
Been missing you too (although I have had Blogger problems too and so not much from me either).

There are times when everyone seems to drive you crazy and you wish you could just get away from it all for a little "me" time.

Definitely gonna pray for you........
Hugs coming your way
BG
X

Masked Rabbit said...

Btw, when you can/are able to, check out my lastest post as you have been given an award. You so deserve it!

A Captured Reflection said...

I tried to leave a comment here yesterday but blogger was being naughty and wouldn't let me. I've asked Bunnygirl if she'd ask you (now this is getting a long sentence), basically I would like to email you. Some of your journey - I've been there, glasses, behaviour stuff and I want to share some stuff to encourage you via email.

Been praying for you.
xx

A Captured Reflection said...

Hi me again, I looked for your email addy on your profile, but I couldn't find it...maybe a blonde moment.

Anyway, here is mine
Medbear2@ihug.co.nz

Drop me a line, as I'd love to share with you and hopefully encourage you
xx

Sassiekiwi said...

Hi Brige

Just a little something to think about with Donovan. Have you considered that he may be a body smart kid - they have a huge problem with sitting still ... thats not ADD - it is one of the multiple intelligences and one that can cause problems at school! These children NEED TO MOVE!

Just a thought - I am a teacher!

Kiwisas

Ally said...

I have two boys boht have been diagnosed with ADD and both were completely different. I would think that the eye sight problem might even be the cause for his nervousness so wait and see what that does before you persue the next step. I agree with Kiwisas.. a nervous child isn´t necesarry ADD.. just keep testing the waters.

I also know the feeling of wanting to run away... with 2 teenage boys it´s easy to get fed up. But keep your pucker up and look straight ahead because the book isn´t finished yet... this is just a chapter!
I am sorry you can´t check in at blogland as often as before... you are missed!

Mel said...

Glad u back. Am also still recovering from Bokke fever and ridiculous amounts of patriotic blood pumping through my veins.