Friday, July 27, 2007

FINDING PEACE

OK, so you all know that I have been going through something tough lately. And you have all been so wonderful and your encouraging comments and prayers have really been a comfort. So I just wanted to share with you all that I have recently experienced a deep sense of peace...

I have been wondering how to explain it and I found this wonderful phrase "something settled in my soul" over at Terri's blog. And that was it in a nutshell. Something has settled in my soul and I know deep down that I have made it through the darkest parts and whatever comes in the future I will be able to handle it. I am stronger, wiser and more in touch with my God and my self.

I am at peace and the turmoil that was in my heart has subsided. I have spent a lot of time in prayer and seeking the Lords comforting presence, and I know it is only through him that I have handled things the way I did. I am not sure that I am being very clear or that I am getting my message across here. I just know I am growing spiritually because of this, and the peace of Jesus that passes all understanding which He speaks of in John 14 : 27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
This is the peace that I am experiencing...

7 comments:

AngelConradie said...

i'm so glad for you sis!

A Captured Reflection said...

What a lovely post, I could 'sense' the process of working through stuff, coming to a point of peace and it is very difficult in the process, very painful, it takes so much to get to that place and then when you reach it, you wonder - why did I struggle alone so long? Still doesn't make it easy...hope I'm making sense. That verse is awesome.

Masked Rabbit said...

up, I'm with Karen, that verse about the peace kept me sane for some parts of last year when I was going through bad stuff. I am so pleased that you are experiencing this peace now.
Love and hugs, girl, hang on
BG

A Captured Reflection said...

Hey Brig, I'm not weird - how did I know you would be the cheeky lass to say that? I was laughing so hard!! I'm getting on an aeroplane, I'm going to find you....

Seriously though awesome verse, I was thinking about it yesterday. I had this verse for coming to NZ when I felt so daunted at leaving everything behind in the UK and knowing that the only way I'd ever see my parents again would be by visiting them in the UK as bad health means Dad can't fly here and Mum wouldn't come without him. Father knows!

Unknown said...

Have a good and peaceful week. Love to you. xox

Soul Reflections said...

That's truly a wonderful experience. Hold on to that feeling and the trial. You'll bless someone else someday because of it.

Terri said...

I'm a little late with this :) But so glad you have a little bit of peace.
xxx