Wednesday, July 18, 2007

BE THOU MY VISION

This thing of “vision” is coming through SO powerfully lately – almost daily.

Peter said in his message on Sunday that if I am struggling with something, I have lost my vision. And I can tell you I have been struggling heavily with a burden I thought could never be lifted.
But when I heard this I heard God’s voice almost at the exact same time saying that my heartache and pain and depression was clouding my vision of Him. It was coming between Him and I. Pete also said that anything you focus on more than God is your vision. So if you are not focusing on Him – He is not your vision. I had lost my vision completely and I had sunk so deep into my emotions and I was allowing them to take over. I could actually see the cloud of grey and gloom hanging around me – and I could not see His light.

What a revelation this was for me in the place where I was. Almost drowning in my pain. I went home and asked God to forgive me for allowing these things to get in the way of my vision of Him. And I have been making Him my vision daily since then and it has been the most healing and touching time with God that I can remember. He has lead me down a path of learning to pray for blessing in abundance over the lives of the people who caused me pain and instead of looking back to the darkness I am emerging out of I continue to look forward and upward to Him as my Light and my Vision. And once again this song that left me unable to sing for tears at the Leadership Training Time in Bloemfontein last year is still a song that speaks great volumes to my heart

Be Thou My Vision
Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping thy presence my light

Be thou my wisdom and thou my true word
I ever with thee and thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father and I thy true Son
Thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.

Be thou my battle shield, sword for the fight
Be thou my dignity, thou my delight
Thou my soul's shelter and thou my high tower
Raise thou me heavenward, O power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise
Thou mine inheritance, now and always
Thou and thou only the first in my heart
High King of heaven, my treasure thou art.

High King of heaven, when the battle is won
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's sun
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.

"For without Vision, my people will perish"

4 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I am so glad that you had a breakthrough with the Lord. Those places where He just so beautifully meets with you on a deeply personal level are, I'm convinced, just a little slice of the heaven that we will one day be in.

AngelConradie said...

wow, absolutely wonderful sis!

A Captured Reflection said...

That song is so powerful!

Sassiekiwi said...

Hi

Good to think on these things. I am writing a message on vision at the moment to share with a group on Monday. Not my normal thing to speak on but I sense God wants me to bring this out and challenge with it.

You have nailed it when you talk about what our eyes fall on. I blogged on this a while back - don't know if it will help or encourage ...
http://carpentershand.blogspot.com/2007/03/whadda-you-lookin-at.html

Keep looking up chickie!