Wednesday, September 05, 2007

WHO COULD HAVE IMAGINED?

You all will never ever guess what I did on Saturday the 1st of September. Go on, guess… You can’t, well I wouldn’t have been able to either. And I never pictured myself doing something like this either.
Ok, I’ll tell you what I did and put you all out of your misery and suspense. I photographed a wedding. Yes, ME, ‘lil old me. I was the wedding photographer!! And let me tell you – I LOVED it!!! I have never done anything that has been so fulfilling and amazing as that. I was exhausted when I got home – physically, but I felt so deeply satisfied and happy.

About three weeks ago I suddenly realised that I was going to be photographing this wedding and I started to panic – seriously. I didn’t know where to begin or what to do. And I almost chickened out too. But I felt God telling me that this was something He wanted me to do. And that maybe this was something he knew about me that I would never have imagined. Go really works in wonderful ways. So I began to plan and make lists of what pictures would need to be taken, and where and who and and and….

Anyway, I was up early on Saturday morning and met the bride at the salon where she was having her hair done and took some lovely shots there. From there we went to the house where she was getting dressed and I photographed the bridesmaids etc there to. Then off to the church and all the major photos of the ceremony – the vows, the rings, kiss the signing of the register and all that important stuff. And then all the family shots thereafter and all the important things at the reception – the speeches, cutting the cake, first dance and all that. And of course pictures with all the people there.

I cannot wait to share some photos with you all here – as soon as I am able to download them I will do so. And I will definitely do it again – there is no doubt about in my mind about that. As exhausting as it was – it was so fulfilling and special.
I never saw myself photographing a wedding – but clearly God saw it happening, and I am so happy that He did.

2 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Wow, I did not know you had a flair for photography. How fantastic, would love to see you pics.

Kelly said...

Congrats on the wedding job!